Saturday, December 19, 2009

Zetia FAQ

What are these medication for? -Vytorin, Amitriptyline, Loratadine, Analpram,?
okay i do not have the foggiest and i hope i never do since not only could i not spell these but pronounce them either!!! Helps block the absorption of cholesterol that comes from food, and Reduces the cholesterol your body makes naturally VYTORIN contains two cholesterol medicine, Zetia...


Has anyone gotten hives from Lipitor or Zocor? What works instead in need the hives?
Those two are in the same people, the Statins... So go for a different family... ask your physician if Zetia or Niacin would work. hives are usually from the liver unable to process an allergen. call your doctor and get his direction. good luck! (make...


Why doesn't Zetia come within dosages greater than 10mg?
Zetia, since it metabolizes in the digestive track and not the liver, is my best bet in lowering cholesterol, but my latest test show the cholesterol horizontal is still high. I understand Zetia only comes in 10mg dosages. Why is that? Wouldn't a complex dosage be preferable for someone like me who has...


Have any of you have impossible side effects from Zetia?
What is Zetia? I've been taking Zetia for quite some time and it doesn't maintain me awake. Also, it does a better job than anything else I've taken to keep my cholesterol in check and for that alone I wouldn't care if it kept me up every darkness. Zetia is the only one...


Have you have side effects from Zetia?
- Check out 304 reports of Zetia side effects here: http://www.patientsville.com/medication/鈥?


How can the cholesterol drug Zetia bypass the liver when everything else go within first?
I've had really bad side effects from all cholesterol medications, including Zetia. Is this a short time ago false advertising? - It doesn't "bypass the liver". That's not what they say. They claim is works in the digestive tract and prevents absorption of cholesterol from FOOD. Most...


How safe and sound is Zetia and Lipitor (Dr. recommended) when taken at indistinguishable time?
This was prescribed to control cholesterol levels. A loss of equilibrium has been experienced, plus leg pains. The doctor insists that I stay on the meds. - Leg pains are a side effect. I would not embezzle any cholesterol meds unless your levels are extremely high. There's just...


I enjoy a cholesterol problem (260+) but I can't bring statins or Zetia. Any righteous thinking?
Try taking a combo of parsley and garlic tablets...any health shop should stock it. Parsley, garlic, celery,lecitin all help towards breaking down and reducing cholesterol Omega 3 fish oil pills sold surrounded by any grocery store work great for lowering cholesterol. It lowered mine by 20 points. ...


IHas anyone developed leg muscle cramps after taking zetia ?
After taking Zocor for two years I realized that was what was causing severe muscle leg cramps at darkness. My doctor changed me to Zetia for cholesterol. she said it is not possible for it to cause cramps. I am still awake most of the night with excrutiating muscle cramps. Does anyone hold an answer...


Is 2 Tab of 10-40 Vytorin same as 1 Tab of 10-80 Vytroin?
- No, they are not. Vytorin is a pill that combines two cholesterol-lowering products: Zocor (simvastatin) which is an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor and Zetia (ezetimibe) which is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor. When the dose is listed, the first number indicates milligrams of Zetia and the second indicates milligrams of...


Is near a generic drug available for Vytorin? If yes, what is the term?
Vytorin is a combination of ezetimibe (best particular as Zetia in the United States) and the statin drug simvastatin (best known as Zocor in the U.S.). The combination preparation is marketed by Merck & Co./Schering-Plough Pharmaceuticals (joint venture) underneath the trade names Vytorin and Inegy. There's no generic...


Overall, which works better - Lipitor or Zetia?
I know they drop cholesterol in different ways - if one had a choice - what product is better? I am currently on both. Zetia does not affect liver, but Lipitor is cheaper. If money was no issue, I'd stick to Zetia, which I will soon be going off of as my total,...


Side affects of Zetia?
- I take Zetia as a cholesterol-lowering drug. It's not listed as one of the Statin drugs like Lepator or any of the cholesterol lower drugs ending within tor... The great thing about Zetia is that there aren't many side effects to this medication as in that are to other lowering cholesterol medications.. It was...


Are near any unusual drugs out on the souk to abet Autism..how in the region of Zetia?
- Hi, again, Stephen! Hmm, I have never heard of Zetia as it relates to Autism. As a drug used to lower cholesterol and lipid levels, I fail to see what a benefit would be to someone on the Spectrum. It is prominent to...


What charitable of side effects does Zetia enjoy?
- Zetia's generic name is Ezetimibe. What side effects can this medication cause? Ezetimibe may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away: headache dizziness diarrhea sore throat runny snout sneezing joint pain Some side...


What is the difference between Vytorin and Zetia?
vytorin is a combination of 2 medicine and i have read article where they have mentioned almost their good results. Source(s): http://www.abconlinepharmacy.com/ns/cust鈥? Both Vytorin and Zetia are of the same company and are registered trademarks of MSP Singapore Company, LLC. Vytorin, from what I know, is a newer pill that has a combines both Zetia...


Zetia & Simvastatin?
I was helping my grandmother sort out her medications today she gets them confused easily and i found zetia & simvastatin and she is taking them both but the piece is they are for the exact same thing does anyone know if this is a bad thing or what? oh they are for cholesterol and i will phone her doctor first thing...


Zocor and Zetia for Cholesterol - Have you have an allergic aversion? What prescription did you translation to?
Many years ago, I had a pretty severe allergic reaction to Zocor. I am afraid to take any statins now. My doctor say I really need to lower the Cholesterol - maybe try Zetia. Has anyone had a reaction to a statin and have to...


Anyone on the cholesterol drugs, Vytorin or Zetia?
Front page news today -- Study finds the cholesterol-lowering drugs do not slow plaque growth. The news came out of Washington,D.C. It states "whenever you use an ineffective treatment it means you are denying patients efficient treatments". The companies are under criticism for failing to release the findings sooner. They completed the...


Can someone rate the statins(like lipitor, Crestor, etc.) and pet name ones that own become generic?
(A pharmacist said that Lipitor is the most widely used?) Any knowledge about the setbacks with Vytorin? What about Zetia? (tho it isn't a statin)? When statins inhibit liver synthesis of cholesterol does that lower untaught hormonal levels? - Crestor seems to work the best of...


Can't lift statins, and looking for alternatives to Zetia?
My mom can't take statins, Zetia prooved useless in stopping artery clogging; what are other safe alternatives? - I did some research on this- I was taking lipitor for 45 days and couldn't cart it. I took Zetia a few years ago- it seemed to work. I didn't want to take it again.


Can I filch polycosonol while I am on Zetia?
Talk to your pharmacist about it. Zetia may block absorption. It's not a big deal but you'd be wasting your money on the polycosonol. P.S. Zetia works. Zetia drug label referenced. Source(s): http://www.fda.gov/cder/foi/label/2006/0鈥?


How do I assist contained by a class-action lawsuit against Zetia within North Carolina?
I would like to participate but so far there has not be anything about it in North Carolina but there are in other states. If one never comes roughly in North Carolina, where I live, can I participate in one from another state? - Yes, you can assist...


How does ezetimibe (Zetia/Ezetrol) increase HDL-C?
Ezetemibe, which is a cholesterol lowering medication, and is marketed with the brand names of Zetia or Ezetrol, lowers blood cholesterol by inhibiting its intestinal absorption by acting on Niemann-Pick C1Like1 (NPC1L1) contained by the intestinal brush border. Ezetimibe causes a decrease in LDL-C. I want to know, that how does Ezetimibe result in an "increase"...


I own hear a rumor that Vytorin and Zetia may be more detrimental to carotid arteries. Is this true?
A relative called to tell me that they heard a news clip on Monday, stating that Vytorin and/or Zetia might be the newfound effect of clogging carotid arteries. I cannot find any information about this new finding on the web. Can you supply links,...

No comments:

Post a Comment