Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Levemir questions and answers

Levemir and Lantus...?
What are the differences between Levemir and Lantus when it comes to peak time, and how long it lasts? Thanks! i dont know about levemir since i use lantus. lantus is supposed to later a full 24 hours. now i could be wrong about this i am just guessing here i don't think any long acting insulin have a peak...


I am on 50units0f levemir. can i spread the needles to 2 aday.?
when i give my 25 units each night, i fine i bleed alot from the injections.so i would resembling to know if i can giveit twice at 25 unitsaday.plus i am on gluconnorm. 2 pills each meal. Yes, you can split it. Talk near your doctor any time you want to...


If someone have a blood glucose of 26, would you make a contribution 25 unit of levemir?
Any doctors or other nurses out there to answer this? I didn't give it and was told by the patient's guardian to give it anyway. I didn't. What would you do? the normal blood sugar extent is inbetween 70 and 110 or 120... so if a person is...


Is Insulin detemir levemir flexpen available within Panama ?
Hey! I am diabetic and am goin to visit panama this month ! I live in India and am insulin dependent ! I use Insulin detemir levemir flexpen by Nova Nortis ! It is in the form of pen and is very convinient to use ! I be wondering is this insulin available in panama ?...


Type 2 diabetics have anyone have allergic antipathy to both lantus and levemir?
i was put on both one at a time to control my sugars and both caused me to break out in bumps with awful itching. presently thing is my employee at work also type 2 had same reaction. i'm very soon taking novolin 70/30 and only occassionally break out at least i...


Diabetic Question--Lantus?
I know there's lantus insulin that lasts 24 hours but is there any that lasts 8hrs or 6 hrs? Or maybe 12 hours? Can you please report me or lead me to a site?>> - there's another one called levemir which is 16-18hours but i know that it is usually given in a split dose. so perhaps that one would...


I transport 50 unit 3 times a year of humulog. 150 total unit, and 30 unit of the levemir, but use to transport 25 uni
anyone can help me by counting carbo's or more or less what works for you to avoid this sugar issue. This is a horrible dilema I have, and right now I be aware of lost. Am I doing something wrong.


If I switch from Lantus to Levemir insulin would I still inject indistinguishable dosage?
You requirement to check with your doctor. The first respondent is incorrect. Levemir (Detemir) is a long-acting basal insulin analog, with up to 24 hours duration of action. See the following page for further information about this specific insulin. Hey i switched from levemir to...


Lantus versus levemir insulin?
I am using lantus insulin right now and a rapi insulin in the mornings only. I am on a strict diet, but do not seem to be loosing immensity. Could the lantus be blocking this process ?? I have heared some complaints about this. Is it better to switch to levemir? I also heared that this insulin does not block and...


Any other particular side effects of novorapid or levemir?
last wk i was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, im on novorapid and levemir but getting headaches day after day. its not down 2 my blood sugar being 2 low, so could it b side effects of the insulin im on? headaches isnt listed as a side effect so does any1 else find this?...


Does 2 unit of levemir once a afternoon build a big difference?
I take 2 units of levemir at night. I am recently diagnosed but i still havent have my follow up bloodwork done which includes tests like viatmin difecency and thyroid. I forgot to take my doasage one day and my bg reading were lower than normal. So my question is...how much...


Does anyone know if taking the levemir flex pen 80 unit within the mornin' and 80 unit contained by the evening?
What do you need to know about taking that much? It is a lot of insulin. Even the 80 once a day is like mad of insulin.


I am taking novo fast insulin 3 times a time and at dark i am taking levemir?
novo rapid doses .. in morning 12 units evening: 14 units hours of darkness:14 units and levemir at night 20 units... these were my doses..which be very accurate to maintain my blood glucose... yesterday i bought actrapid instead of novo rapid... so i injected...


Levemir and Lantus...?
What are the differences between Levemir and Lantus when it comes to peak time, and how long it lasts? Thanks! i dont know about levemir since i use lantus. lantus is supposed to later a full 24 hours. now i could be wrong about this i am just guessing here i don't think any long acting insulin have a peak...


Levemir Insulin - long acting - does it bother your eyes?
I am on two insulins - Levemir for long acting all day - 40 units and Humalog before respectively meal on a sliding scale depending on my blood sugar. Has anyone had any side effects from the Levemir bothering your eyes - mine are blurry lately at night mostly, but.. I also of late...


Question in the region of lantus...?
Why does Lantus burn when injected? Is Levemir the same? perhaps you are injecting too rapidly? Source(s): RN Lantus is acidic and some people are more sensitive to that than others. I suspect you might just find it easier to switch to Levemir for your basal desires if the stinging sensation is causing you too much...


If Lantus and Levemir are both 24 hour long acting insulin for better BS control later what make them?
different .Is one better than the other for better control ? - They're the same, simply competing in the market, Lantus is by Sanofi-Aventis and Levemir is by Novo Nordisk, however, Levemir is only available to T1 diabetics and neither have been...


Lantus VS Levemir?
Has anyone here tried Lanus AND Levemir? Which did you prefer and why? - I used to be on Lantus and was absolutely thrilled when my endo got me a private supply before it come on the NDSS. I skip a lot of meals and have really odd intake and sleeping habits. My site of choice is my abdo,...


Levemir insulin?
does it help with weight gain - studies showed less counterbalance gain with Levemir than with most other insulins. Review "WASHINGTON 鈥?The long-acting insulin analog Levemir (insulin detemir) appears to improve hypoglycemia rates without cargo gain for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes treated in real-world clinical practice, according to a trio of analyses of the...


Anyone switched from Lantus to Levemir?
I have been taking Lantus for oh, about 2 years and my doctor just not long told me (after telling me I was very overweight 180 at 5'3") that Lantus could be the cause of the mass gain. He said that the main side effect shown from Lantus was weight gain, which was more prevelant than next to...


What is the difference between lantus and levemire insulin?
It's kinda subtle: Onset : Lantus : 1.1hrs; Levemir : 0.8 - 2hrs (dose related) Duration : Lantus : 24hrs; Levemir : 12-24hrs (dose related) Similar in Price


Why is it that a long acting basil insulin resembling Levemir want to dosed within the evening?
From my understanding hypoglycemia is common in the evening for diabetics and long acting basil insulin side effect is hypoglycemia. So why would labeling recommend it be dosed in the evening? Studies conducted on Lantus show that patients have slightly better control if they injected at night...

by : DrugsFreeFAQ.com

No comments:

Post a Comment