Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Niaspan Questions and Answers

What are the danger of taking niaspan?
I've never had any problems. The "flushes" are minimized by taking it at night. For some, a low fat snack helps. On the undercooked times I DO flush, a generic benedryl does wonders. Here's a link to info on Niaspan: http://www.drugs.com/niaspan.html Niacin is used with diet changes (restriction of cholesterol and...


I can not pinch a statin and niaspan for my high-ranking cholestrol,is nearby any other meds i could try?
i thought my doctor would at least try me on zetia but did not.there is bound to be other meds i could try. There are many things one can help yourself to, most do have side effects, others are Zocor, lipitor, lipobay, plavix, I...


I own be taking plavix, aspirin and niaspan everyday since I have?
3 stents placed in my heart, these drugs have been well toraleted until the later couple weeks, I started to have upset stomach and wanted to throw up with no reason, any other suggest, I cannot afford to recompense for a another doc. visit. Don't pilfer a plain aspirin make...


Is within a allergic reaction between Niaspan and Qualaquin?
My husband is a some kind of reaction - i dont know what qualaquin is. i can tell you that niaspan does have reaction with medications used to lower blood pressure. if taken together they can decrease the blood pressure to an unsafe level. the individual may experience fainting, dizziness, and increased heart rate.


Niaspan; should someone who have borderline diabetes help yourself to niaspan or could this drug push them over?
why would you think a b vitamin would push you over to being diabetic? niaspan is for increasing hdl


The harms contained by taking nitroglycerin,toprol,atacand,zetia and niaspan together?
my husband is on alot of medicines and has high blood pressure.i just considered necessary to know by taking all of these medicines is right for him.i dont understand why someone should be on so many medication . - While I do not know your husband's medical history (or contributing family history) I can...


What are side effects and drug interaction of niaspan?
Triglycerides, 271, Cholesterol, 130LDL, 33 HDL, I have just been given a low fat, low cholesterol Diet. Haven't have a chance to implement. Also gave me Lipitor. On 2 blood pressure medicines and a diuretic. I think Niaspan is a short time bit much? Niaspan is newly the vitamin niacin but it is in...


What is the best over the counter replacement for niaspan?
My Dr. has me on two 500 tablets of Niaspan a day for my trigs. niaspan is getting costly so my Dr. said I can just take over the counter niacin, but I don't believe I can carry time release. I read over the counter the max is 6grams 2 -3 times a day. Any...


When can I seize pravachol and niaspan generic?
I understand we have to wait 7 years before prescription RX can hold a generic on the market. I don't know exactly when Pravachol and Niaspan first went on the market. I would like to find out when they would be eligible for generic. I hold a donut hole on my Medicare Part D...


Can i stop taking niaspan if my colesterol level are run of the mill?
Not without your physicians conscent How are your triglycerides? How "normal" is your cholesterol? Have you significantly changed your diet, or lost a lot of weight? These things determine your answer. I read out DON'T stop it; it won't hurt you. And if you still need...


Can u thieve niaspan to outdo a urine drug exam?
Actually, Lewis, the question that I believe wishes to be asked here, is WHY would anybodny think they need Niaspan to pass a urine drug test? If you don't focus you could pass the test, then you probably shouldn't be in doesn`t matter what business you're in that requires you to lay off...


Has anyone hear of a speedy heart rate or palpitations while taking niaspan?
- Sorry, but no. I've been on 2 grams nightly for years & I've never had them. On a side note, diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl) works great if you get a 'flush' from the Niaspan.


Is in that an alternative to the drug niaspan?
niaspan brings up good colesteral in your body - Niaspan is a prescription version of niacin. Niacin is one of the B complex vitamins, that's about as crude as it gets. Regular aerobic exercise also is known to increase HDL levels EDIT. I'm not sure what question Richard is answering, but...


Medication used to treat response to niaspan?
on the face a red burning patch with lots of raised bumbs that itch and looks alomst like blisters. some swelling. covers adjectives except around the mouth. That is scary. From what I have read (link below) you may be having a hypersensitivity reaction. This is a severe allergic aversion and can result in death. I quote here...


What can you do around bleak reaction to taking niaspan?
my mother is taking 500 mg of niaspan after a meal once a day and 6-7 hours later she is burning and red skined has TRUE intense burning pain on the back of her neck and upper back. she also have bad headaches. this all wears her out. it flushes her so...


What else is near to steal to support correct a recoil to niaspan when my mother is already taking plavix?
Try taking the Niaspan at bed time. I never had luck with aspirin helping. I'm on 2gm nightly. If I "flush", I usually sleep through it. If I DO wake with one, I rob 2 Benadryl. Good luck


What is at hand to filch to cancel out a spontaneous effect to niaspan besides benadryl?
Aspirin, or baby aspirin, 30 minutes before you take Niaspan, every day. Take one regular aspirin merely as soon as you start to feel the effects. I take two regular aspirin every morning for general pain, and i NEVER own a "Niaspan attack" anymore. - Yes-...


Is it a worthy theory to filch otc flushfree niacin instead of perscription niaspan?
Dr. has put me on 2500mg of niaspan. I'm trying to justify walking buy bottles of niacin otc for 20% of the price of niaspan. Is the otc just as good. I've tried it (natrol brand) and it doesn't gross me flush as much. Help me out vitamin freaks.


My mother inlaw is taking Lovastatin and Niaspan at dark she ate a cream bursting doughtnut and broke out contained by hi?
she breaks out in hives and we need to find out why http://www.drugs.com and look at the meds tab to find these. Read the entire monograph on the drugs she is taking. Then compare them in the compatibility tab. and the...

No comments:

Post a Comment