Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Avonex FAQ

For society next to multiple sclerosis, i be on avonex for almost 18 months, worst 18 months of my energy...?
side effects included flu like symptoms, horrible nightmares and skin rashes to name a few. my neurologist wants me to start using "capaxone", what are your personal experiences next to side effects of "capaxone? I use copaxone ,been taking for 6 years now,works exceptionally...


How much is avonex injections cost?
- The injections are not cheap.$1623.94 for a one month's supply from drugstore.com (see link below) http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/prices/drugprice.asp?ndc=59627000205&trx=1Z5006 I assume that you are asking because you do not have insurance. Many companies have a program that subsidizes medicines for folks who can't afford the medications. Usually you just need to have your physician crawl...


I own m.s. and iam on avonex what do i do more or less this, i would similar to to catch pregant?
M.S.gets worse with pregnancy so talk to your doctor first Source(s): nurse Call your Doctor.


Anyone on here get ms and on avonex i am do u get hold of sideeffects and how long till the shift for virtuous?
Hi, I was diagnosed this year with MS. Started Avonex about 1 month ago. My side effects are pretty much like have the flu, but 10 times worse. I hurt head to toe and no one can...


If i took my avonex shot ultimate saturday, should i nick it today? becuase i generally bear my shot on thursdays?
- Yes. According to the instructions under Avonex Patient Information, as long as you don't take your shots within two days of each other, you can achieve caught up. Here it is, cut and pasted word for word: AVONEX(R) must...


Is it true that avonex is made from hamster's ovaries?
- Yes and no. It is made from a cell line that initially came from hamster ovaries. They culture the cell line, and they don't need hamsters anymore. Avonex is interferon beta-1a, indentical to the interferon made contained by the human body naturally. It is not hamster interferon. What...


Multiple sclersois anyone own avonex on here please?
- Interferon beta-1a is used to decrease the number of episodes of symptoms and slow the development of disability in patients with relapsing-remitting (symptoms come and go) multiple sclerosis (MS, a disease surrounded by which the nerves do not function properly and patients may experience weakness, numbness, loss of muscle coordination and problems with vision, speech,...


Starting Avonex surrounded by 2 days? please relief?
My bother will be taking his first avonex shot on Thursday, I am trying to get as much information as possible in reguards to how effective it is will it make him perceive better? are the side effects really bad? he was just told by his Dr that he has MS for sure yesturday after 6 months...


What alternative medication can aid near ms please i am on avonex and be in motion within a oxygen chamber thank?
Multiple Sclerosis is an auto-immune disorder. Here's something your doctor won't tell you, although I learned it from a retired doctor. Auto-immune disorders are usually caused by a yeast overgrowth, which typically happen as a result of medications. The medications could have...


What happen to avonex (interferon beta-1a) if at room heat for 24 hours?
I have taken Betaseron for years and a couple of years ago they finally developed a type that doesn't require refrigeration. It sure make traveling, etc easier. Maybe the Avonex folks will soon develop a type not requiring refrigeration - you might want to contact them and ask about this. After all...


How to do do Avonex injections. I am really anxious?
If you have Avonex perscribed for your condition (MS...etc) and are unsure how to use it, go back to the pharmasist or doctor and ask for a demonstration. Also sign up on Avonex.com. http://www.avonex.com/msavProject/avonex鈥? Also, on this page you can open a PDF profile that has instructions on how to use...


I enjoy ms..see my neouro 2 x a year..bestow myself a shot weekly of avonex..make me grain sick anyone enjoy accepted wisdom
I used to take avonex but it made me so sick that I decided I would fairly live with the effects of MS than the effects of the Avonex however when I talked to my Neuro he said that Avonex is just a...


Is anyone used to beside the drug avonex ? it is a treatment for m.s. what are the side effects?
and what is the cost? - if there are any they will be listed on the printed sheet which comes with the drug..e Hello.I Have MS as well.I am not on Avonex, but here is what I know roughly it. Avonex...


About AVONEX's logo?
www.avonex.com what's the point of the red V? what does it represent ? thank you. - Maybe a representation of the beta interferon molecule? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co鈥? Or maybe they just thought it looked cool. Who knows?


Does anyone know the inventor/maker of avonex(the MS medication)?
please dont answer if your just going to put "i dont know.srry" because 1-this is important and 2-its not an answer. - it's biogen idec.i added the drug link and the manufacturer intermingle. good luck Source(s): http://www.avonex.com/msavProject/avonex鈥? http://www.biogenidec.com/


If a soul hold multiple sclerosis and he is taking avonex.will the symptoms transpire again?
i want to just know that i was dignose for ms in januray2009.i was blured nightmare.but now im ok.and i m taking avonex once in a week?will new symptoms or previous come again ? - While the medications for MS are designed to hang on to the...


Rebif, Copaxone or Avonex for MS - pluses and minuses?
I have a friend who was diagnosed today with MS. Fortunately, it was caught rash. She's trying to decide between Avonex, Copaxone and Rebif. Does anyone have any recommendations, pluses or minuses? Side effects you've felt for any of them? - I picked Avonex. Advantages: - once weekly...



drugsfreefaq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment